There are great craft beer destinations around the San Francisco Bay Area within walking distance of BART and other public transit. Note that the BART system normally closes (station by station) starting at about midnight. (A few buses run all night.) Get out there and explore!
Beer By BART Destination List, grouped by BART station.
One shoe is up to one quarter mile walking, one way:
- Rockridge Station, Oakland
- Mikkeller Tasting Room (formerly Trappist Provisions) (Bottle Shop & Bar)
- Ben and Nick’s (Bar/Restaurant)
- Barclay’s (Closed 7/16)
- Berkeley Station
- North Berkeley Station
- El Cerrito Plaza Station, El Cerrito
- Dublin/Pleasanton Station
- Caps & Taps (Beer Bar)
- West Dublin/Pleasanton Station
- Three Sheets(Beer Bar) (New 2015)
- Bay Fair Station
- Harry’s Hofbrau (Restaurant/Bar)
- San Leandro Station
- Fruitvale Station
- Ale Industries (Brewery/Tap Room)
- Concord Station
- Walnut Creek Station
- Orinda Station
- The Fourth Bore (Restaurant/Bar) (New 2015)
- MacArthur Station, Oakland
- 19th Street Station, Oakland
- 12th Street Station, Oakland
- West Oakland Station
- The Beer Shed at Linden Street (Tap Room)
- Embarcadero Station, S.F
- Montgomery Station, S.F
- La Trappe (Beer Bar/Restaurant)
- Public House ( Bar/Restaurant)
- Black Hammer/Pacific Brewing Laboratory (Tap Room) (New 2015)
- 21st Amendment (Brewpub)
- Powell Station, S.F.
- Civic Center Station, S.F
- Cellarmaker Brewery (Tap Room)
- City Beer Store (Bottle Shop & Beer Bar)
- Dirty Water (Restaurant/Bar)
- Suppenküche (Restaurant/Beer Bar)
- The Beer Hall (Bottle Shop & Beer Bar)
- Liquid Gold (Beer Bar)
- Toronado (Beer Bar, take MUNI from BART)
- Lucky 13 (Bar, take MUNI from BART)
- Magnolia Gastropub (Brewpub, take MUNI from BART)
- Social Kitchen Brewery (Brewpub, take MUNI from BART)
- Woods Polk Station (Beer Bar, Take MUNI from BART)
- 16th Street Station, S.F.
- 24th Street Station, S.F.
- San Bruno Station
- BJs (Taphouse/Restaurant)
From Millbrae Station south (Some brewpubs and tap houses to the south of BART, via CalTrain )
List of production breweries: Non-Brewpub, no-tasting room craft breweries with tours or scheduled open houses in the area.
What else belongs here? You tell us! Can you BART, ferry, bus and walk to it?
Field research performed by beer appreciators Steve Shapiro & Gail Ann Williams. Corrections and suggestions welcome! Email: beerbybart at yahoo dot com
(Recent comments follow. Earlier years’ remarks are over here.)