There are great craft beer destinations around the San Francisco Bay Area, and many are within walking distance of public transit. Note that the BART system normally closes (station by station) starting at about midnight. (A few busses run all night.) Get out there and explore!
Beer By BART destination list, grouped by BART station.
One shoe is up to one quarter mile walking, one way:
- Rockridge Station, Oakland
- Ashby Station, Berkeley
- The Rare Barrel Sour Beer Co. (Tasting Room)
- Berkeley Station, Berkeley
- North Berkeley Station, Berkeley
- El Cerrito Plaza Station, El Cerrito
- Dublin/Pleasanton Station
- Caps & Taps (Beer Bar)
- Bay Fair Station, San Leandro
- Harry’s Hofbrau (Restaurant/Bar)
- Fruitvale Station
- Ale Industries (Brewery/Tasting Room New 2014)
- Concord Station, Concord
- Walnut Creek Station, Walnut Creek
- MacArthur Station, Oakland
- 19th Street Station, Oakland
- 12th Street Station, Oakland
- West Oakland Station
- The Beer Shed At Linden Street (Tap Room New 2014)
- Embarcadero Station, S.F
- Montgomery Station, S.F
- Powell Station, S.F.
- Civic Center Station, S.F
- Toronado (Beer Bar, take MUNI from BART)
- Cellarmaker Brewery (Tasting Room)
- City Beer Store (Bottle Shop & Beer Bar)
- Magnolia Gastropub (Brewpub, take MUNI from BART)
- Suppenküche (Restaurant/Beer Bar)
- The Beer Hall (Bottle Shop & Beer Bar)
- Lucky 13 (Full Bar, take MUNI from BART)
- Social Kitchen Brewery (Brewpub, take MUNI from BART)
- Woods Polk Station (Beer Bar, Take MUNI from BART New 2014)
- Beach Chalet (Brewpub, take MUNI from BART, then walk)
- 16th Street Station, S.F.
- 24th Street Station, S.F.
- San Bruno Station
- BJs (Taphouse/Restaurant)
- Millbrae Station (Another list of brewpubs & tap houses to the south of this BART station, via CalTrain )
List of production breweries: Mass transit to non-brewpub craft breweries with tours or open houses
What else belongs here? You tell us! Can you BART, bus and walk it?
Field research performed by local beer appreciators Steve Shapiro & Gail Ann Williams. Corrections and suggestions welcome! Email: beerbybart at yahoo dot com
Recent comments follow. Earlier years’ remarks are over here.