Finding Good Beer by BART, station by station
There’s good beer – local west coast ales and other craft brews – all over the Bay Area, and there’s no paucity of good beer within walking distance of public transit. Get out of the car, onto Bay Area Rapid Transit or other transit options and into slow, delicious pints. Oh yeah: B.A.R.T. normally closes (station by station) starting at about midnight. Uncivilized, but important to know. Some SF-MUNI lines run all night.
Detailed guides to a growing number of craft beer places near transit. (Also listed alphabetically in the right column). One shoe is up to one quarter mile walking, one way:
- Rockridge Station, Oakland
- El Cerrito Plaza Station, El Cerrito
- Concord Station, Concord
- E. J. Phair (Bar/Restaurant)
- Lafayette Station
- Lafayette Mountain Mike’s (CLOSED 2013)
- 19th Street Station, Oakland
- Luka’s Taproom. (Bar/Restaurant)
- 12th Street Station, Oakland
- Embarcadero Station, S.F
- Montgomery Station, S.F
- Powell Station, S.F.
- Civic Center Station, S.F
- 16th Street Station, S.F.
- 24th Street Station, S.F.
- Balboa Park Station
- Dark Horse Inn (Bar/Restaurant NEW 2012)
- San Bruno Station
- BJs (Taphouse/Restaurant)
- Millbrae Station (Another list of brewpubs to the south of this BART station, via CalTrain )
List of non-pub craft breweries: Mass transit to non-brewpub craft breweries with tours or open houses
What else belongs here? You tell us! Can you BART, bus and walk it?
Field research performed by local beer appreciators
Steve Shapiro & Gail Ann Williams. Corrections and suggestions welcome.
What’s going on? Tips for keeping up with the local beer scene. Happy Rails.