Finding Good Beer by BART, station by station
There’s good beer – local west coast ales and other craft brews – all over the Bay Area, and there’s no paucity of good beer within walking distance of public transit. Get out of the car, onto Bay Area Rapid Transit or other transit options and into slow, delicious pints. Oh yeah: B.A.R.T. normally closes (station by station) starting at about midnight. Uncivilized, but important to know. Some bus lines do run all night.
Detailed guides to a growing number of craft beer places near transit. (Also listed alphabetically in the right column). One shoe is up to one quarter mile walking, one way:
- Rockridge Station, Oakland
- Ashby Station, Berkeley
- The Rare Barrel Sour Beer Co. (Tasting Room NEW 2013)
- Berkeley Station, Berkeley
- North Berkeley Station, Berkeley
- El Cerrito Plaza Station, El Cerrito
- Dublin/Pleasanton Station
- Caps & Taps (Beer Bar NEW 2013)
- Bay Fair Station, San Leandro
- Harry’s Hofbrau (Restaurant/Full Bar NEW 2013)
- Fruitvale Station
- Ale Industries (Brewery/Tasting Room NEW 2014)
- Concord Station, Concord
- Walnut Creek Station, Walnut Creek
- MacArthur Station, Oakland
- 19th Street Station, Oakland
- 12th Street Station, Oakland
- West Oakland Station
- The Beer Shed At Linden Street (Tap Room NEW 2014)
- Embarcadero Station, S.F
- Montgomery Station, S.F
- Powell Station, S.F.
- Mikkeller Bar (Beer Bar/Restaurant NEW 2013)
- Hopwater Distribution (Beer Bar/Restaurant NEW 2014)
- The Press Club (Bar )
- Amsterdam Cafe (Beer Bar/Cafe)
- Bartlett Hall (Restaurant/Full Bar/Brewery NEW 2014)
- Steep Brew SOMA (Cafe/Bottle Shop/Beer Bar NEW 2014)
- The Beer Zone at Lori’s (Bar/Restaurant) (CLOSED 2012)
- Civic Center Station, S.F
- Toronado (Beer Bar, take MUNI from BART)
- Cellarmaker Brewery (Tasting Room NEW 2013)
- City Beer Store (Bottle Shop & Beer Bar)
- Magnolia Gastropub (Brewpub, take MUNI from BART)
- Suppenküche (Restaurant/Beer Bar)
- The Beer Hall (Bottle Shop & Beer Bar NEW 2013)
- Lucky 13 (Full Bar, take MUNI from BART)
- Social Kitchen Brewery (Brewpub, take MUNI from BART)
- Woods Polk Station (Beer Bar, Take MUNI from BART NEW 2014)
- Beach Chalet (Brewpub, take MUNI from BART, then walk)
- 16th Street Station, S.F.
- 24th Street Station, S.F.
- San Bruno Station
- BJs (Taphouse/Restaurant)
- Millbrae Station (Another list of brewpubs to the south of this BART station, via CalTrain )
List of non-pub craft breweries: Mass transit to non-brewpub craft breweries with tours or open houses
What else belongs here? You tell us! Can you BART, bus and walk it?
Field research performed by local beer appreciators
Steve Shapiro & Gail Ann Williams. Corrections and suggestions welcome.
email: beerbybart at yahoo dot com
What’s going on? Tips for keeping up with the local beer scene. Happy Rails.